Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Windows 7 and I haven't formatt C drive


Removing the redundant boot menu after install Windows 7 system


I recently installed Windows 7 and I haven't formatt C drive, the installer prompts that retain the original system to a folder. However, when I finished, I found I couldn't log on to the original system. Then I deleted the folder to release the space for hard disk. But now every time when I want to log in the screen I must choose the system to enter. One is Windows 7 and the other one is the original system. And how to remove the start menu and go directly to the Windows 7?

To solve this problem, there are two ways. The one is graphical interface and another one is the command method.

Graphical interface method: Click "Start → Run", type msconfig and determine, and you can modify the boot menu options in the "Boot" tab.

Command method: Use the "administrator mode" to run "Command Prompt" , and then using the bcdedit command to change the name of the menu item of Windows 7: bcdedit / set {default} description "Windows 7".


No comments:

Post a Comment